February 2023 SMART Goal Project

SUMMARY

Focus / Instrument

Guitar

Intention (SMART Goal)

Play through “Song for a Rainy Morning” perfectly. I started Februarys SMART goal late, so I’m setting it small: just perfecting a song I love.

PRE-PRODUCTION – INQUIRY

Leader(s) in the Field / Exemplary Work(s)

Tommy Emmanuel is the writer of this “Song for a Rainy Morning” and one of my biggest inspirations in both the broad world of music and the narrower world of the guitar. He is just exceptional. His ability to almost make a band out of the guitar just blows me away every time. There’s fingerstyle guitar, then there’s solo fingerstyle guitar, and there’s this. Many composers will make unnecessarily complex arrangements or do some really flashy things, which isn’t bad in and of itself, but Emmanuel creates songs catchy enough to appeal to even an audience that doesn’t enjoy instrumental music, complex and flashy enough to appeal to those who do, and with a wide enough range to be palpable to the wider world. He’s also just really passionate about what he does! He’s said that he doesn’t consider a song finished until he loves playing every part of it, and it shows.

Training Source(s)

SMART Goal Schedule

Pretty consistently spend half an hour working on my Smart Goal every day. I created this very late as I’m still organized, so I’m not going to be too specific, but I know the entire song and just need to practice it very slowly and carefully, with special emphasis on getting the transition to the ending smoother.

PRODUCTION

SMART Goal Starting Point Evidence

SMART Goal Ending Point Evidence

POST-PRODUCTION – REFLECTION

21st Century Skills

Ways of Thinking (Creativity, Innovation, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving)

Ways of Working (Communication & Collaboration)

Tools for Working (Info & Media Literacy)

Ways of Living in the World (Life & Career)

Reactions to the Final Version

Self-Evaluation of Final Version

Grammar and Spelling

Editor